Accueil

Événements à l'approche

Il n'y a pas d'événements à l'approche.

Syndiquer le contenu

TCP Revisited... Adding some stuff (again)

7 réponses [Dernière contribution]
Max
Portrait de Max
Messenger
A rejoint: Jan 28 2012

I put up a new topic for this as I don't see there's been that much happening lately.
I've felt of late a bit of urge to write something again. The I.H.P.Blog is for me one
way to make public some stuff that otherwise don't belong to The Cavern Post...
So I'll be adding some snippets to that now and then.

But what could belong to TCP is some game news and reviews. So I've put up an
article (as draft) about when Rand Miller and John Romero met at the NYU and
discussed their views on respective games. There's also reviews of the games, from
the archives of Gamespot.

I'm also playing throug a game that I intend to write a review on. Soonish, but at
least before next All Guilds Meeting... So more on that later or then.

Btw. would there be any interest for Brief Summaries of the I.H.P. Open Hood
Day
and what respective presenter had to say?

Nev'yn
Portrait de Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
A rejoint: nov 15 2011

Yeah I've have vague stirrings of VG article to follow up on Luna's. myself. Thankfully summer is on it's way, and things slow down in the Florida stores.

Unfortunately, it gets terribly hot, killing off motivation during the mid-afternoon. Anys will keep you posted.

(/salute)

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Max
Portrait de Max
Messenger

I've put up a draft, a review on the game: "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons".
The game has a plenty of puzzle elements to it and also an unusual setting for
gameplay, using two "players" at the same time. But I did not find any proper
"tag" for this one, as there is no "Games" in the list!

This game has got plenty of puzzle elements in it. It also uses Unreal Engine 3.
Maybe it's a bit "indie" and not been promoted too much, but it's a little gem,
well worth a try. I found it most enjoyable to play.

Doobes
Portrait de Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
A rejoint: déc 15 2010

Hey Max!

Sorry for the late response to this, but as you know, many of us are off doing whatever distracts us.  RL, mostly. wink

I've taken a look at your articles.  Your "Brothers..." article looks great and I plan on combing through it for basic spelling and grammar errors tonight.

However, the "20 years of Myst and Doom" article seems to be mostly a repost of the Gamespot articles.  I would much prefer it be more of your own thoughts and insights on the subject of these two franchises.  While you can certainly link to these articles as sources, they should not be the bulk of your main article, IMHO.  We need less Gamespot and more Max in there! laugh

In any case, it's up to you if you'd like to do a rewrite and I'll certainly come back to it when you feel it's ready again.  For now, I'll get your other article ready for posting to the masses and give it the usual promotion on Facebook and Google+.  Plus, you can give it its proper due at the next AGM if you want to. smiley

Nev'yn
Portrait de Nev'yn
Forum moderatorMagazine teamCavern CrierMessenger
A rejoint: nov 15 2011

Nev's Note to Self: Do a review on the Room 1 & 2.

| "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander |

Max
Portrait de Max
Messenger

@Doobes... I agree on you in that. The "20 years... " was more of a fun throw-away when I stumbled on
the reviews. I did not want make a serious attempt at analyzing any of those games. Myst I'd think I know
by now inside-out... Can't be much to add there.
Doom I did play at some time, the earliest version[s] of it I think. Can't remember that I ever really liked
the concept, and never been a fan of such, FPS's either. But my gf and I did have some fierce sessions in
it IIRC. But yeah, that article can be recycled... or binned! NP.

Yeah, I too found later a few typo in the "Brothers.." article. Sorry about those, I forgot to do an extra
check on those. I kinda wanted to "promote" that game, as it has some clever puzzle elements in it but
also as I found it to be a very good story, too.

There's a couple more I might have a go at, we'll see. Atm. I've been strolling through "Dear Esther"...
And I'd agree with Luna... not a game as such. More like a visual and psychological experiment. But
the scenerys are really, really astonishing!

Max
Portrait de Max
Messenger

@Doobes. Had a look at the Brothers review. Thanks for brushing it up a bit!!
I think it's fine now. Ready to be published..

Doobes
Portrait de Doobes
WebmasterCouncil memberMagazine teamCavern CrierUru2U TeamMessenger
A rejoint: déc 15 2010

And there we go!  I've approved the article and promoted it on MOUL forums, Facebook and Google+.  laugh